The Palm Springs Photo Festival Portfolio Review:
Monday, September 21st – Thursday, September 24th
DATE TO CHOOSE YOUR REVIEWERS: September 11th
What is a Portfolio Review?
The Palm Springs Photo Festival portfolio review is a program in which you select from a list of reviewers, we schedule your 20-minute face-to-face ONLINE meeting with them and you present your work.
ALL MEETING TIMES ARE PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME.
Why attend the online Palm Springs Photo Festival Portfolio Review?
The Palm Springs Photo Festival Portfolio Review is the largest and most comprehensive portfolio review program for professional and emerging professional photographers in the United States, featuring influential professionals from both the commercial and fine art realms of contemporary photography.
Unlike other review events, that have an unfortunate first-come, first-served policy, (if you register later than others, you miss out), the PSPF Portfolio Review program allows all approved registrants to CHOOSE the reviewers of their choice until our deadline of September 11th or when the program is sold out, whichever is sooner.
Who are the reviewers:
Click HERE to see a list of our reviewers.
Click HERE to see the portfolio review schedule by date / time.
Click HERE to see reviewers listed by profession.
Click HERE for a list of the companies / affiliations who will be represented at the PSPF Portfolio Review.
We bring together an amazing and diverse group of experienced professionals from magazines, ad agencies, museums, galleries, institutional exhibition spaces, book publishers, reps, consultants and others for you to show your work to.
We advise all prospective attendees to read the bios we post of our reviewers, and to pay special attention to their “Reviewer Preferences” where listed. We recommend studying the bios and then checking our the websites for the reviewer’s companies so the attendee doesn’t inadvertently waste both theirs and the reviewer’s time. Plan to present (via screen-share) a tightly-edited and cohesive body of work. Show your personality. Show your visual signature. Show what they can expect if they hire / exhibit / publish you. Take notes. They will be seeing a lot of work in their review sessions so be sure what you expect from them is clear. At the beginning of your meeting, let them know who you are and what you are hoping to accomplish.
You’ll show your work via screen-sharing so be sure you’ve tested how your PDFs look with a friend. In addition to the work you plan to show for professional reasons, we always encourage you have a selection of your personal work available to present as well.
You may select to take your reviews at any time on any festival review day (you can take them all on one day, spread them out over four days, etc). Obviously, your chances to see all of your requested reviewers will be greater if you’re registered for multiple days.
For complete details, click HERE.
Prices are $480 for 6 reviews. A 10% discount is applied to 12 or more reviews.
Our recommendation is to spend as many days at the festival as possible to have the widest range of reviewer choices. Most reviewers participate on two or more days.
Please Note: To sign up for Portfolio Reviews, you must be registered for the day. The daily registration fee is normally $95 but will be 45.00 for our 2020 online version.
All registered attendees in our Portfolio Review Program pay only $40 to have a seat at the table in our Open Portfolio Show! Present your work to our faculty, sponsors, photographers and the general public on Sunday September 20th!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS:
“We don’t accept unsolicited proposals, just because there aren’t enough hours in the day to do them justice. But I do go every year to the Palm Springs Photo Festival as a reviewer, and I always see a lot of interesting work there.” – Chris Pichler, Publisher, Nazraeli Press
“I know the quality you deliver and have actually found work and photographers we have used there.” Sarah Leen, Director of Photography, National Geographic
“May is my favorite time of year in the photo universe. We all get to reunite in the beautiful Palm Springs desert and look at all different kinds of photography from all different kinds of photographers, which makes the Palm Springs Photo Festival one of the best photo gatherings.” – Anna Alexander – Wired
“I’ve been meaning to let you know what a positive experience this round of reviews was for me. The caliber of work as unusually high, the conversations all very focused, informed, inspired, and professional. This was mutually beneficial for me and my organization as well, and turned out to be a source of really interesting new talent. “ – Sarah Foster, Getty Images
“I LOVE your program. It is well-managed and is a great benefit for both Reviewers and Reviewees. – Laura Sackett, Creative Director, LensCulture
“Thank you again so much for running this event! I must say it was one of the most fruitful reviews I have attended in terms of the reviewers I had managed to show my work to and connect with, and it was also the most organized and well-run review that I have had the pleasure to participate in…” – Mimi
“Palm Springs is by far the “BESTival” of all Festivals. So well organized, so well produced, so well curated … just all around an amazing amazing experience. – Allyson Torrisi, People Magazine
“Doing a show next April with 2 photographers I met at PSPF last year: Jon Ball and David Wittig. – Paris Chong, Curator, Leica Gallery LA
- Last week, the People Magazine cover story was shot by a photographer I had met at least 3 years ago at a portfolio review. Good timing to remind me that these meetings are fruitful.Florence
- "Doing a show next April with 2 guys I met there last year, Jon Ball and David Wittig." - Paris Chong, Leica Gallery LA
- Very rewarding! I saw some really incredible talent during the Reviews and plan to feature several of the discoveries on LensCulture. - Laura Sackett, Creative Director
- May is my favorite time of year in the photo universe. We all get to reunite in the beautiful Palm Springs desert and look at all different kinds of photography from all different kinds of photographers, which makes the Palm Springs Photo Festival one of the best photo gatherings. - Anna Alexander, Wired Magazine
- "I saw great portfolio this year and people I plan on working with asap..." -Maya Robinson
- I wanted to thank you for allow BuzzFeed News the opportunity to look over such incredible work. The experience was incredible and very important to what we do as a news organization. Thank you for bridging the gap between creator and outlet. - Gabriel
- ...What a service you offer through these reviews, basically, access to people [photographers] wouldn’t be able to have. In short, it is an astounding event and I am so honored to be a part of it! - Marianne
- "What you curate at this event is unparalleled. The level of talent across every possible photographic avenue is – in a word – amazing." - Marianne
- "We don’t accept unsolicited proposals, just because there aren’t enough hours in the day to do them justice. But I do go every year to the Palm Springs Photo Festival as a reviewer, and I always see a lot of interesting work there." - Chris Pichler, Publisher, Nazraeli Press
- I LOVE your program. It is well managed and is a great benefit for both Reviewers and Reviewees. - Laura Sackett, LensCulture
I am currently showing photographs from Rich Frishman’s work-in-progress “American Splendor”. I first saw his images as a Reviewer at PSPF. Many Thanks. Dana Salvo, Clark Gallery
I met photographer Susan Barnett while reviewing her portfolio. The U of Maine Museum of Art will be mounting a solo exhibition of her photos. It's already on the Museum's calendar. George Klinghorn, Executive Director & Curator.
The Palm Springs Photo Festival is known for the quality of its Portfolio Review program. These one-on-one consultations, in 20 minute increments, are offered throughout each day by important industry experts. This is where you can show your work to museum curators, collectors, art directors, editors, ad agency creatives, leading photographers, educators, gallery owners, reps…Details